Features in the new Falex 430 ETR include:
- Fast Analysis, less than 18 minutes
- Small size: 26.0 x 40.0 x 35.0 cm (10″ x 15.6″ x 13.7″)
- Light weight: only 15 kg
- More durable—simplified mechanical structure
- Easy tube handling—frontal insertion, automatic handling
- Simple one button test procedure
- Automatic heater tube serial number recognition and reporting
- Auto calibration
- Embedded Linux system
Ellipsometric Tube Rating (ETR) method is the referee method for analyzing D3241 heater tube deposits.
The ASTM D1655-14c Specification for Aviation Turbine Fuels contains the only reference to a heater tube deposit rating referee method in Table 1, Note M. It states that, “in cases of disputes, the referee SHALL BE CONSIDERED the Annex 3 ETR (ellipsometer/ETR)”. This means that whenever a test result is disputed, the ETR result is the only referee measurement method.